Mack v. Averhealth
Mack v. Averhealth Class Action Lawsuit
AVERHEALTH d/b/a AVERTEST
ROBERT P. COCCO, P.C. is investigating whether parents in any family court system or parolees in any criminal justice system required to submit and pay for drug and/or alcohol tests administered and created by Averhealth have received a false positive test result that resulted in adverse legal consequences for the tested person.
Averhealth administers these screening tests in a two-tier system where the initial screening test is cheaper than a more thorough follow up/confirmatory test that can be administered to test the accuracy of the initial test results. Often individuals who receive a positive finding on the initial test are not aware or not timely aware that there is a follow up test and that it can help them avoid legal consequences of a false positive test.
Averhealth’s behavior was the subject of news reports this year and last, which can be found here: https://www.vice.com/en/article/k7bd39/averhealth-doj-fraud-investigation
ROBERT P. COCCO, P.C. believes Averhealth’s activities constitute violations of law and has filed an existing class action in Pennsylvania. If you were administered an Averhealth drug and/or alcohol test and received a false positive result and you believe you have been harmed as a result, contact ROBERT P. COCCO, P.C. via email and describe what happened. Alternatively,
Please fill out the form below and we will review your information.
Class Counsel Certification
Lectures and Presentations
ROBERT P. COCCO is the founder and owner of the Law Offices of Robert P. Cocco, P.C. in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. A top-ranked trial lawyer with nearly 30 years of total legal experience, Mr. Cocco provides exceptional counsel and support to a diverse range of clients throughout the greater Philadelphia metro and surrounding areas who have Consumer Protection issues involving any of the following:
- Mortgage servicing disputes/faulty loan accounting
- Fair Debt Collection Practices violations
- Used Car Auto Fraud claims against car dealers and finance companies
- Fair Credit Reporting disputes
- Student loan disputes
- Consumer class actions
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Cocco has represented the rights and interests of hundreds of consumers in both state and federal courts who are dealing with complex legal challenges involving their credit and abusive debt collection practices as well as those who have been victimized by unscrupulous or unlawful business practices. During his practice, he has taken on some of the largest corporations in the country, and he has achieved substantial settlements and verdicts for his plaintiff clients, including a number of consumer class action lawsuits.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and service, Mr. Cocco has earned consistent designation as being among the top 5% of lawyers in his region, and he has received many testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A graduate of St. Joseph’s University, Mr. Cocco obtained his Juris Doctor from Temple University’s Beasley School of Law in 2001. He holds his admission to practice before all Pennsylvania state courts as well as before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Cocco is an active member of the National Association of Consumer Advocates as well as the Philadelphia Bar Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Association, among his other professional affiliations. He has also conducted several lectures and seminars across his region on predatory lending, foreclosure defense and other legal topics, and he has appeared on a number of television news programs and podcasts, where he has offered in-depth legal commentary on a variety of subjects.
- B.A. – St. Joseph’s University
- J.D. – Temple University Beasley School of Law
- Donor, Community Legal Service of Philadelphia (2006)
- Community Leadership Award sponsored by Pennsylvania State Senator Shirley Kitchen to recognize my legal efforts to help those victimized in abusive consumer transactions.
- Donor, National Consumer Law Center (2011)
Class Counsel Certification
Mr. Cocco has been certified to serve as class counsel in the following cases:
- Alexander v. Coast Professional (U.S.E.D. Pa. 0:14-cv-04735);
- Gregory v. Metro Auto Sales Inc. (Phila. CCP No. 1605-01609);
- Graham v. Servis One, Inc., (U.S.E.D. Pa. No. 18-cv-04377);
- Payne et al. v. Marriot Employees Federal Credit Union (U.S.E.D. Pa. No. 2:18-cv-04009).
Mr. Cocco has represented hundreds of consumer debtors in both the state and federal litigation, including the following published case holdings:
- McMaster v. CIT Group/Consumer Fin., Inc., 2006 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 28831 (E.D. Pa. 2006)
- Johnson v. Chase Manhattan Bank, 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 50569 (E.D. Pa. 2007).
- Virginia Complaint Against Trans Union Results in Class Action For Falsely Reporting Criminal Reports on Consumer’s Background Check Reports (2012)
Lectures and Presentations
- Speaker, PREDATORY LENDING: Bringing and Defending Against Consumer Lending Lawsuits, National Business Institute, March 3, 2009
- Speaker, The Federal and Pennsylvania Response to the Credit Crisis, Pennsylvania Bar Institute, March 18, 2009
- Speaker, NACA 2009 Consumer Rights Litigation Conference, National Association of Consumer Advocates, Oct. 22-25, 2009 (Philadelphia, PA)
- Speaker, Pennsylvania Credit Union Association, 2009 (Philadelphia, PA)
- Speaker, Defending a Foreclosure: Helping Families Save Their Homes, LawReview CLE, August 20, 2013
- Speaker, Consumer Law: An Overview The Justinian Society of Philadelphia, 04-29-2013 (Philadelphia, PA)
- Speaker, Why the Fuss about Arbitration? American Bar Association, January 13, 2015 (New Orleans, LA)
- Speaker, Senator Kitchen Clinic, October 15, 2015 (Philadelphia, PA)
- Guest Appearance: Ask the Experts 8/11/18 (Philadelphia)
- Guest Appearance, LaSalleTV, People’s Law: Auto Repossession & Auto Fraud 09/13/18 (Philadelphia)
- Guest Appearance: Ask the Experts 9/29/18 Philadelphia)
Call Now for a FREE Consultation